8-Year Old Male Whippet Looking for Foster Family for a Year
by Nancy Martz
(Santa Barbara, CA USA)
Our family is moving abroad for a year, and sadly, we can’t take our dog with us. We are looking for someone (individual, couple or family) to take him for a year.
Here are the particulars about our sweet Ocean.
• He is an 8 year old Whippet who is super sweet and great with kids and families.
• He was a show dog who grew too big to show so we took him as a family dog. He is the son of a championship Whippet named Moxi. Because of his previous career, he is used to being poked and prodded (so he's great with children). He is also used to standing around patiently while people chat, shop, etc.
• He loves to be around people. I work from home so he is by my side most of the day.
• He is crate trained. He is always in a crate when at the house alone or when in the car.
• He is calm, loyal, loving, and an overall wonderful dog.
• We leave July 3, 2017 and will be returning mid to late July 2018
His previous owner (breeder, trainer) will take him back if that is the only option. However, she runs a doggie resort, and Ocean takes it upon himself to police the other dogs. He's constantly working when he's there, and he'd rather be retired, and enjoy a life of leisure.